SHIP SAFETY OFFICER
Objectives and benefits: Under the International Safety Management (ISM) code, every ship must appoint a Ship Safety Officer (SSO) who has the knowledge, experience, and skills to look over the important safety issues related to ship safety and crew’s well-being.
The aim of this course is to properly prepare the individual to carry out successfully the role of Safety Officer onboard and:
- Understand requirements of the International Management System (ISM).
- Apply the requirements of Safety Management System on board a ship (SMS).
- Organize safe operations on board a ship and prevention of pollution.
- Apply the methods of conducting additional training on board a ship for safety and environmental protection.
- Safety investigation of Casualties & Incidents.